What is the Ayrshire Energy Masterplan?
East, North, and South Ayrshire councils are working to develop an investment strategy and policies to help the private and public sector meet energy and carbon reduction targets. The project is linked to the existing regional economic partnership through the Ayrshire Growth Deal and includes East Ayrshire Council, North Ayrshire Council, South Ayrshire Council, the University of the West of Scotland, and Scottish Enterprise.
We are engaging with all businesses, public bodies, environmental organisations, and affected communities located, and who operate, across the Ayrshire region. We are aiming to understand their energy use and carbon emissions, and the challenges they face in reducing these, and in meeting both their own targets and government set targets. To assist us in gathering this data, please consider completing our online survey.
We will aggregate the information gathered and analyse this to produce a masterplan that will be used to better inform future decision making relating to; energy use, and working towards a just transition to net zero.
The Energy Masterplan is expected to:
- Gain an insight into how energy infrastructure across Ayrshire will develop
- Gain an understanding of the needs of energy users across Ayrshire, and potential business opportunities
- Identify opportunities to reduce energy use and carbon emissions across Ayrshire
- Identify key areas where organisations across Ayrshire require support to meet energy and carbon reduction targets set by the government
- Identify opportunities to take steps towards a just transition to net zero for communities across Ayrshire
- Identify opportunities for the Energy Masterplan to align with the remits of council departments, and link with their activities.
- Identify growth areas where there may be skills gaps which can be supported locally by academic partners and vocational training
- Identify the areas where investment and support are best targeted
How to get involved
If you are interested in getting involved you can complete our stakeholder engagement survey, which can be accessed by clicking the link below.
If you are interested in getting involved, please complete the survey by 3rd Novemberber 2023.